Pages

Monday, July 27, 2020

Four posts for you (below) on praying with the earth

Dear WIDS group friends,

This is for both the Tuesday and the Thursday WIDS groups this week, July 28 and 30.

As my e-mail to you noted, we have a special topic this week: praying with the earth. This is partly because I am on vacation near the ocean this week and wanted to do a little something different, and partly because if I had to write When in Doubt, Sing: Prayer in Daily Life again, I would pay even more attention to the earth and the environment, perhaps with an additional chapter.

I have in the last several years led retreats on the earth and the environment, in person but also online (not on video, but on a blog restricted to retreatants). I originally wrote these posts as a full week of a six-week online retreat called "Hurry Up and Slow Down," but am offering them to you here all at once.

Usually blog posts post automatically in reverse chronological order, i.e. with the last (most recent) post at the top. But I did a little technical fiddling with the times of posting to make things easier for you. You can read these four posts from the top of the bottom of the blog here, 1 through 4.

The four posts look at the practice of praying, meditating, and reflecting on the earth through the lenses of
1. awareness
2. inspiration
3. practice (this is the "spiritual exercise" part of our week) and
4. wisdom

Enjoy. Talk to you Tuesday evening and Thursday morning.

Feel welcome also to make written comments here. You will see each post has a comments option: just click at the appropriate place at the bottom of the post and a little pop-up comment thing will appear in which you can write. You can comment any time, e.g. before and after our sessions.

This is also a backup measure: I am staying in a studio with wifi, but if by chance we encounter technical problems with our video conversations, we'll still have this blog and we can converse here in writing.

Jane

No comments: